We hope that your are staying well
This is an update on the recent situation.
The government have announced that dentists can open from Monday 8th June, but in reality many will stay closed due to a shortage of appropriate PPE
We, at the Ark, will be back at the Practice on Monday 29th June .
If you have an appointment after this date, please wait for us to contact you to confirm. We will also be contacting those patients who have experienced dental problems over the past 3 months .
There will be no routine fillings.
Initially, at least, appointments will run a little differently from what you are used to in order to comply with the new upgraded Standard Operating Procedures.
1. All appointments will be made by phone, NO appointments can be made in person at the practice.
2. We will confirm your appointment 2 days in advance and either send you electronically, a medical history form and Covid -19 Screening form to fill in and return electronically to us.
If this is not possible we will phone you go through the questions with you. You will be asked to sign when you come into the Practice, s please bring your own pen to avoid cross infection.
3. Please arrive alone with minimal possessions, please wait outside, or in your car and we will call your mobile when it is your turn to come in. Please use the toilet before you leave home. Please do not arrive too early as you will not be able to wait in reception. Similary please do not be late as there will be strict appointment schedule .
4. On arrival we will take your temperature, please do NOT take any medicine that may lower your temperature within 6 hours of your appointment Please wear your own face mask,or you will be issued with one whilst you are in the Practice, You will be asked to use a hand sanitizer on entry to the practice.
5. Gill will be behind a protective screen to greet you but will be smiling and cheerful as ever.
6. We will escort you straight into the treatment room on arrival. on entering the surgery, you will be asked to put your outside wear in a special container and sanitise your hands again
7. We will be wearing a different PPE than usual, but please be assured it is still us, This is for your safety and ours.
8. After the treatment, you will be asked to leave the practice promptly, to again limit the number of people inside. Please sanitizer again before leaving.
9. Payment by card may be taken in advance prior to your visit, or at reception. NO CASH OR CHEQUES.
10. At this stage we are NOT allowed to carry out any Air Generating Procedures ….so no drilling
Similarly any Hygienists appointment will be for oral hygiene advice and hand scaling only
There will be NO polishing.
11. IF ANY PATIENTS OF DR BUNS HAVE UPCOMING APPOINTMENTS THEN PLEASE FOR NOW DO NOT ATTEND, IT WILL BE AFTER THE SUMMER BREAK BEFORE HE CAN FLY OVER FROM F7GERMANY SO PLEASE BEAR WITH US
12. PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO EXTRA PPE COSTS, ANY TREATMENT SESSION ….INCLUDING HYGIENISTS ..WILL CARRY AN EXTRA CHARGE OF UP TO £40. EXAMINATION APPOINTMENTS WILL CARRY AN EXTRA CHARGE OF £10.
THIS IS TO PROTECT YOU AND US.
PLEASE NOTE THE TOILET WILL NOT BE IN USE AT THE PRACTICE.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU ALL AGAIN SOON.
BEST WISHES FROM ALL AT THE ARK.